- Maps: easily display data using different geographic parameters
- Tables: View data as a bar graph or chart to compare multiple geographies
- Reports: Run reports for predefined geographic areas or create a custom area
- 3-Layer maps: Find areas that meet up to three criteria for site selection or to locate hot spots
- Data loader: updaload your own address-level data
- Data download: download PolicyMap data for use in your research
Want to learn about projects from GW's Research Days 2018? Watch the videos!
Do you feel inspired by Himmelfab's art exhibit and want to create your own masterpiece? Is the stress of the semester getting the best of you and you'd like a fun way to enjoy your lunch hour?
Come to the Art Therapy session on Friday, April 27 from 12:00-1:00 in the library's first floor alcove and do both! The GW Art Therapy Center will lead you through a fun silk painting session. This forgiving medium is prefect for creating abstract designs so don't worry if you don't consider yourself artistic!
The event is free but space is limited so be sure to sign up today!
Himmelfarb Library provides access to the latest clinical information via sources such as DynaMed Plus, ClinicalKey, and Lexicomp which complement our extensive journal collection. To enhance learning, users can also take advantage of multimedia content designed to help clinicians, residents and students master skills and test knowledge. Himmelfarb Library's online subscription to the New England Journal of Medicine includes access to:
- Videos in Clinical Medicine: peer-reviewed presentations which offer expert guidance on performing essential clinical procedures
- Quick Take Videos: animated video summaries of the key takeaways from NEJM’s major research articles
- Interactive Medical Cases: simulated cases designed to test learners on their knowledge of challenging and clinically relevant topics
- NEJM Resident 360: website and discussion platform which offers key knowledge and advice to prepare medical residents for each rotation and their career after residency.
Download the DynaMed Plus app to your phone to have up-to-the-minute access to clinical and drug information.
- Access DynaMed Plus then select the link Get the DynaMed Plus Mobile app and enter your email address
- Download the DynaMed Plus app from iTunes or Google Play.
- Open the email on your phone/device, then click on the authentication key in the email to install the information in DynaMed Plus.
- Overviews and Recommendations - concise, accurate overviews for the most common conditions as well as evidence-based recommendations for action.
- Daily Updates – New evidence is added to DynaMed Plus multiple times each day, ensuring you always have the most current information.
- Specialty Content – robust coverage of specialty content including critical care, infectious disease, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine.
- Micromedex® Clinical Knowledge Suite drug content includes medication management and lab recommendations, including IV screening, medication advisory screening and summary drug information.
- Graphics and Images comprise more than 4,700 medical graphics and images with over 1000 images from the American College of Physicians.