The nine “Archives” journals published by the American Medical Association will change their titles effective January 1, 2013. These titles will be updated in the Himmelfarb Library E-Journals page, the Library Catalog and in article-level links for MEDLINE, PubMed and other databases.
Himmelfarb Library will be modifying its hours of operation during the Winter Break. Please note the hours below. They may also be found on the Library's website. Enjoy your break!
Friday, December 21, 2012 Close 8:00pm
Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday, December 23, 2012 CLOSED
Monday, December 24, 2012 CLOSED
Tuesday, December 25, 2012 CLOSED
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:30am - 6:00pm
Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:30am - 6:00pm
Friday, December 28, 2012 7:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday, December 30, 2012 CLOSED
Monday, December 31, 2012 CLOSED
Tuesday, January 1, 2013 CLOSED
Wednesday, January 2, 2013 Open 7:30am - Resume 24/7 hours
On Thursday December 13th from 3-5:00 pm a representative from Student Technology Services will be in Himmelfarb Library to resolve your computer issues (laptops, wireless, etc.). Please stop by the Circulation Desk and ask for assistance.
Take a study break with friends and play one (or a few!) of the games available at Himmelfarb Library!
The following games are available: Balderdash, Blokus, Chess, Mancala,
Operation, Scrabble, and Sorry.
Pick up the games at the circulation desk and check them out so you can take them down the hall to the student lounge.
Don't forget that we also have our exercise equipment and kits available from the Healthy Living @ Himmelfarb initiative, including fitness balls and hula hoops.
Get into the giving spirit with Himmelfarb Library! We will be having a Food for Fines collection drive from now until December 21. Here are the guidelines:
- One dollar in current library fines will be removed from your library record for every canned good or non-perishable food item that is donated. Healthy selections are encouraged.
- All items will be donated to Bread for the City, a local non-profit organization serving low-income residents of D.C.
- A maximum of $20.00 in fines will be waived per person.
- Only fines can be removed, not item replacement fees.
- We cannot accept opened packages or items with expired dates.
- You may donate food items even if you don't have fines. We will not accept monetary donations. For monetary donations, please contact Bread for the City directly.