Lexicomp, a source of high-quality, updated drug information, has integrated new functionality to provide better access to information.
Drug Allergies in Interactions Screener - Lexicomp's Interactions tool now allows user to submit information on known drug allergies as well as to screen for potential duplicate therapies.
Pharmacogenomics - Information on pharmacogenomics is being made more widely accessible via the addition of a Pharmacogenomics heading on the main section list for each drug monograph.
Natural Product Patient Education Leaflets - Patient education information on natural products is available in the Patient Education module which contains 140+ leaflets on natural products including use, precautions, and when to call your doctor.
Lab Education Leaflets - Additional leaflets on lab tests have been added to the Patient Education module.
Food Interactions - Drug-food interactions information has been consolidated into a single Food Interactions field in drug information monographs; this field only appears in monographs to which it is relevant.
Lexicomp is available from on- and off-campus locations via the Himmelfarb Library website. Himmelfarb Library's access to Lexicomp also provides a free app to GW affiliates.
We will be having a Food for Fines collection drive from Sunday April 13 – Saturday April 26. More information is available on the library's website.
We will be having a Food for Fines collection drive from Sunday, April 13 – Saturday, April 26. Here are the guidelines:
• One dollar in current library fines will be removed from your library record for every canned good or non-perishable food item that is donated. Healthy selections are encouraged.
• All items will be donated to Bread for the City, a local non-profit organization serving low-income residents of D.C.
• A maximum of $20.00 in fines will be waived per person.
• Only fines can be removed, not item replacement fees.
• We cannot accept opened packages or items with expired dates.
• You may donate food items even if you don’t have fines. We will not accept monetary donations. For monetary donations, please contact Bread for the City directly.
Fusion, the annual student-run scientific journal published by GW's William H. Beaumont Medical Research Honor Society, is now available online. The journal showcases student achievements in basic science and clinical research, public health, medical education, and international health-related travel experiences. Issues beginning in 2007 are available online. To learn more about the journal or the William H. Beaumont Medical Research Honor Society, write to email@example.com.
GW is committed to digital accessibility. If you experience a barrier that affects your ability to access content on this page, let us know via the Accessibility Feedback Form.