Check out the February Healthy Living @ Himmelfarb Explore DC Guide to learn about great (mostly free, some low-cost) events around DC. This month's calendar features:
- People and Animal Cardio Club - a volunteer opportunity with the Human Rescue Alliance that allows you to take an adoptable dog for a run.
- Open Mic Night and The Comedy of Errors - live comedy and a live comedic theatre performance
- Yoga at the National Building Museum - all-level yoga class under the Corinthian columns of the Great Hall
- Tudor Place and ARTECHOUSE - learn more about DC's history at Tudor Place and/or experience the Everything in Existence Exhibit at ARTECHOUSE
Due to the inclement weather forecast, Himmelfarb Library will close at midnight tonight (January 29) and reopen tomorrow morning (January 30) at 7:30 am. For more information on campus closures, see the GW Campus Advisories page.
ECRI Guidelines Trust is now available online and provided by the ECRI Institute which was the contractor for the National Guideline Clearinghouse. ECRI Guidelines Trust is freely available and requires users to sign up for free ECRI account in order to use the resource.
ECRI uses similar criteria as the National Guideline Clearinghouse to determine which documents to include. Guidelines in ECRI Guidelines Trust must meet the first three criteria to be be linked and must meet all four criteria in order to be fully listed and assessed via a TRUST Scorecard:
- Available in English and published within the last 5 years as well as available online (free or fee).
- Contain recommendations to guide patient care.
- Developed by a medical specialty association, professional society, or clinical practice guideline development organization.
- Reflect a systematic review of evidence with transparency regarding the methodology including search strategy, study selection, and evidence analysis.
Due to inclement weather, Himmelfarb Library will close at midnight on Sunday, January 13 and reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, January 14.
Healthy Living @ Himmelfarb's January calendar of events offers you options to exercise your body and to expand your brain beyond the health sciences! Use the calendar to learn about events like the NBC4 Health & Fitness Expo, as well as free and reduced price Kennedy Center performances and museums. Exercise and creative activities are both great ways to use different capacities of your brain which can help you focus better on your studies!