Stressed out? Exams coming up?
Stop by the Buff & Blue Relaxation Zone at Himmelfarb Library next week to de-stress via (de-)stress balls, coloring handouts/crayons, silly putty, and nutritious snacks. This event is sponsored by the GW Colonial Health Center.
Event: Buff & Blue Relaxation Zone
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Sponsored by: GW Colonial Health Center
Need datasets? Scopus now provides dataset links in its articles. By opening the Scopus Document details page, you can find links to relevant datasets to the right of the article information under a sidebar called “Related Research Data” when available on the external data repository.
More data sources can be found by searching our Research Guides!
Have library fines? Participate in our Food for Fines Drive!
Until May 12th, for every non-perishable item you bring to the Circulation Desk, you can clear a dollar off your fines! All items will be donated to Bread for the City, a non-profit that provides food for the homeless in Washington, D.C.
Clear out your pantry, settle up your fines, and help people in need!
Lexi-Comp Online is new and improved with new and updated features. With your access to Lexicomp online through the Himmelfarb Library App Shelf, you can find all the drug information you need. Expanding on Lexicomp’s extensive drug information, several new Lexicomp features are available:
- REMS Programs Field - This new field in Lexi-Drugs now includes REMS Programs to give you more information about how to support safe medication use.
- Direct Links to IV Compatibility - You can now access direct links to look up single drugs through the Trissel module. Trissel is a top resource for IV compatibility information.
- Lexicomp training videos - Get an overview of Lexicomp or learn how to use specific features including interactions, drug ID, calculations, etc.
Check out our other drug databases offered by Himmelfarb Library, and be sure to download the Lexi-Comp app for information on the go!
- Is your research making a difference?
- What’s the impact of your work?
- How can you get the word out about your research?
Promoting Your Research: Tips and Strategies will help you learn more about creating a professional web presence and promoting your scholarly research through various channels and platforms.
In this session in the Updates in Scholarly Communications: Publishing, Impact, and Visibility series, Stacy Konkiel of Altmetric, Inc., a provider of metrics to libraries and institutions, will discuss how you can leverage altmetrics (alternative metrics) to get the word out about your research.
When: Wed, Apr 19, 2017 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Where: Room: Ross Hall, Lobby C
Register for in-person attendance or WebEx
A well-organized abstract is key to getting your paper accepted for publication. Attend this session of Himmelfarb Library's series Updates in Scholarly Communication: Publishing, Impact, and Visibility. During the session, panel participants will share strategies and tips for writing an abstract that will increase your chances of getting accepted to a top-quality journal or conference.
Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2017
Time: 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Location: Ross Hall, Lobby C
Categories: Updates in Scholarly Communications: Publishing, Impact, and Visibility
Please register and attend!
You put all that hard work into preparing and presenting your poster at Research Days....don't let it sit in a closet! Archive a digital copy in Himmelfarb Library's Health Sciences Research Commons and make it available to the global community of scholars.
Including your work in the Health Sciences Research Commons has several advantages for you:
- Your poster will have a unique URL which you can use to promote your research and include in your CV. This URL will remain active even after you graduate from GW.
- Your work will be more 'findable' and other researchers will be able to identify your research from Google Scholar. For authors who originally indicated 'Yes' to archiving on the Research Days abstract submission form, this is already true.
Adding your poster to the Health Sciences Research Commons is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Fill out the Author Agreement form with the required information.
- Email the completed Author Agreement form and a copy of your Research Days poster to: email@example.com
- You will your unique URL which links directly to your poster. You can Tweet, Facebook, and share the new URL with your colleagues, family, and friends!
Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-994-8357.