Graduate School in Psychology
- APA Guide to Applying for Graduate School
- UCLA Psychology In Action - Grad School Interviews
- Association for Cognitive and Behavior Therapies Guides to Getting into Grad School and beyond
- Council of University Directors of Clinical Psychology (CUDCP) Guide for Getting into Graduate School
- APA (monthly fee) service to search for and compare admissions information for masters and doctoral programs
- Dr. Vicky Phares video on applying to graduate school in psychology
- Dr. Mitch Printstein's resource page on applying to (and succeeding in) graduate School and beyond.
- Dr. Garth Fowler (APA) - Didn’t Get Into Graduate School? Here Is Your Plan B.
- APA - Graduate Study in Psychology 2016: Summary Report - Admissions, Applications, and Acceptances - admissions, what is considered important in admissions reviews, application fees, and applications & acceptances by level (master's or doctoral) and subfield.
Careers in Psychology
- Careers in Psych Handout - 10 Tips for GW Psychology Students to make the most of the resources on campus and beyond
- What can you do with a Bachelor's degree in Psychology? Like this Title, the Actual Answer in Complicated (Psychology Student Network, January 2018)
- How Did you Get that Job? A Virtual Conference (APA) - Various presentations provide an inside look at careers for psychologists in corporate and industrial settings. Also includes workshops on resume writing and networking for success, and a downloadable copy of the Monitor on Psychology’s e-booklet, Finding A Job In Industry. It features Q&As with psychologists working in industry and articles on job hunting and interviewing.
- Where can a Psych degree from GW Take You - Find out where recent GW Psychology graduates work!
- An Online Career Exploration Resource for Psychology Majors (Drew Appleby)
- Career Options with a Bachelor's degree is Psychology
- What can I do with a Master's degree in Psychology?
- Degree Pathways from/to Psychology (interactive graphic from APA)
- APA Resources for Job/Internship Seekers
- APA Careers in Psychology guide - describes different subfields
- Careers in Psychology
- Psychology Today article: 14 Career Options for Psychology Majors
- How to become a Sports Psychologist
- How to become an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist
- APA's Preparing to Use Your Bachelor's Degree in Psychology: Understand how your skills, degree, experiences and brand prepare you to land a job that's the right fit for you
Job Search Tools and Resources
- APA Psyc Careers - Create a profile, upload your resume/CV to their database. Your professional history immediately becomes searchable by our wide net of employers who can reach out to you with open positions. Also has information on different career paths in psychology (including careers with a BA degree)
- How positive psychology research can help you choose a career that makes you happy!