GW has several opportunities for funding such work (and the Department of Psychology will soon offer its own). Existing opportunities for funding include:
Thanks to an anonymous alumna donor, is launching a new program of small grants of up to $500 to support undergraduate research and service experiences--experiences that can teach you skills and position you for graduate study or jobs. Details are attached. There are several deadlines each year: January for Spring, April for summer, and September for Fall funding. For details and application: Psychology Undergraduate Research and Service Grants Application
Center for Undergraduate Fellowships and Research (see as a generally useful resource):
GW-Funded Research Fellowships:
GW funds several fellowships, which are available to current students and which support intensive research experiences under the mentorship of university faculty.
The following are undergraduate research fellowships, which the Center for Undergraduate Fellowships and Research administers:
- GW Undergraduate Research Award ($5,000 for student, $1,000 for mentor; deadlines December 3 or March 1)
- Luther Rice Undergraduate Research Fellowship ($3,000-$5,000 plus $1,000 for mentor, December 3 and March 1)
- Sigelman Undergraduate Research Enhancement (SURE) Award (up to $5000, October 6 and January 20 deadline)
- The Cisneros Undergraduate Research Fellowship (Latino issues; $5,000 for student, $1,000 for mentor; deadlines not yet updated so not sure if available)
- Loeb Institute for Religious Freedom Undergraduate Research Fellowship ($1500—but deadlines are not yet posted)
GW Career Center:
- Shenkman Career Services Fund: Student Career & Professional Development Grants (up to $500 for professional development training; Dec 1 and May 1 deadlines)
The Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service offers ideas about community service: https://serve.gwu.edu
- The Knapp Fellowship, offered through the Nashman Center, provides $10,000 to one project or funds split between multiple projects for a group project that aims to change the world (or some part of it). Applications will open in October and be due in January--dates forthcoming.