Malcolm X Park and Georgetown

By emreceyhun

The reason why people go to the parks is to chill and to have fun. However, this didn't happen when I arrive to Malcolm X Park. It was old and gloomy but the weather conditions may have affected my feelings also. The architecture at the park resembles the ones in Spain, and the fun fact is that the Colombian College of Arts & Sciences was established first on the area where the park is located now. So, it was amazing to see the area the first seeds of GWU are spread.

emre kennedy-center

On Sunday, my friend Raphael and his boyfriend, who recently came from Netherlands and I went to Georgetown. I have to mention that Georgetown is really impressive and I love it ! If anyone needs to move away from the stress of the city for a second, he /she should definitely go to the Georgetown and sit on the stairs and watch beautiful Potomac River.

hatwashington-monstreets

Georgetown is also a place where the architecture suddenly changed. The houses get smaller and more expensive; the shops get more exotic, and the streets get cuter and more green. We have been to a hat and mask shop, and it was amazing.

waterfrontmeridian-hill

BONUS: I started using Capital Bike Share that one can rent bike from more than 300 stations located in DC. I will write about it in detail but riding a bike at sunset is amazing at DC.

meridianhill2