BISC 1008: The Future Is Now, Gramley

To listen to this BISC 1008 presentation click here.

This presentation describes community engaged scholarship through Dr. Tara Scully's course, BISC 1008 Understanding Organisms. Students in this course partner with local organizations to design and implement projects related to ecology.

Help select the Symposium Audience Choice Award. Click on this link to cast your vote for best Symposium presentation.

6 thoughts on “BISC 1008: The Future Is Now, Gramley

1. Maureen

Nice job. I appreciate that you included your personal experiences and discussed how the lessons you learned while serving at Francis Stevens impacted your personal choices/habits. I really liked that you included what you would like to become more involved in at GW. This is a nice personal touch and demonstrates that service-learning classes are impactful in more ways than one. The service-learning classes I took my freshman year were valuable experiences that shaped my college experience. I wonder, given your presentation and commitment to sustainability, if this is similar for you.

Reply
  2. Joan Mitchell

Great presentation. However, I would have liked to see some data from your work in the cafeteria as to how much has been recycled and composted.

Reply
  3. Rachel Talbert

Thanks for sharing your service- I agree with Joan above -adding some data in would strengthen this presentation-in addition as Maureen said above what about extending this service with your community partner-I can see this being paper or conference presentation that you work on beyond this semester.

Reply
  4. Aselin

Concise presentation. It would be helpful to see more data on the effects of the habits put in place. What are some innovative you can include your peers once you are back on campus?

Reply
  5. Amy B Cohen

I thought this brought to light the connection between what you do academically, civically, and personally. One really has an impact on all the others
    Looking forward to hearing what you do next year!

Reply