Adventures On The Amalfi Coast

By taylorclark17

Author Ray Bradbury once said that “We travel to be lost”. I can certainly say that I experienced an amazing adventure of being ‘lost’ in beautiful scenery and fun adventures this past weekend during my trip to the Amalfi Coast. My trip included visits to the towns of Sorrento, Positano, Capri, and last but not least, Pompeii! Although visiting this many places in a matter of three days left me beyond exhausted, it also awakened me to embracing the astoundingly beautiful natural landscapes of Italy.

While sitting on the ferry ride that transported me from my hostel in Sorrento to Capri, I saw beautiful caves including the blue, red, green, and white grottos as well as a natural rock formation of the Virgin Mary. Also during my visit to Capri, I rode a chairlift to the top of the island, known as AnaCapri. The panoramic view atop AnaCapri was breathtaking and on the way down, I enjoyed some limoncello at a local restaurant with friends.

Fast forward to Saturday morning. I, along with about 100 other study abroad students boarded buses to Positano, which is approximately a thirty minute drive from downtown Sorrento. During the drive, I was amazed by the beautiful ocean view of the Mediterranean Sea. The beach was of course even more stunning once I arrived and sitting on Positano’s infamous black sand, swimming, and enjoying a Pizza Magherita made the day one my most unforgettable experiences ever!