Dr. Ellen Kurtzman Awarded Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellowship

Dr. Kurtzman of GW's Nursing school Awarded the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health Policy Fellowship

GW Nursing's Dr. Ellen Kurtzman will get an opportunity to shape policy through her work as a fellow.

“I want to really learn how legislation happens, and the best way for me to do that is through an immersive Hill experience,” Dr. Kurtzman said. Her research and scholarship have addressed the effects of federal and state policies and programs on health care quality and the role of the health care workforce in higher value care. “I always think about my research through a policy lens,” she said. “But I have not had real-world policymaking experience. I’m hoping that this fellowship will ignite dozens of new research questions, sharpen my existing questions and heighten the policy impact of my research to improve patient care and public health.”

For more information see the full article here: https://nursing.gwu.edu/faculty-headed-capitol-hill-shape-policy

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 12.36.21 PM.png