- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): May 1997.
Dissertation: "A Systematic Approach to Evaluate Quantitative Impacts of Project Management (PM)."
- Management of Technology (MOT) CERTIFICATE: Dec 1996.
- Master of Science (MS): Dec 1992.
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Feb. 1991.
- Diploma (82nd Graduate): Feb. 1986.
Kyunggi High School, Seoul, KOREA.
EDITORIAL POSITIONS, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES, AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Editorial Positions
- Professional Activities
Korea-US Science Cooperation Center (KUSCO), Executive Committee (2017.3-Current)
The Korea-U.S. Science Cooperation Center (KUSCO) is a non-profit organization, established in Vienna, Virginia in 1997. KUSCO was established to accomplish two major missions: to enhance cooperative efforts in Science and Technology between Korea and the U.S. and to support Korean-American scientists & engineers here in the United States.
Korean American Construction, Engineering, and Project Management Association (KACEPMA.org): Founding President (2013-2014)
Establish a not-for-profit membership association consisting principally of Korean and Korean-American construction industry professionals, college and university professors and graduate students teaching or studying construction engineering and other construction-related subjects.
Panel Reviewer: Division of Civil and Mechanical Systems, National Science Foundation
Member, Project Management Institute
GRANTS and AWARDS
- Construction Industry Institute
RTS 2 - True Cost of Custom Design in a UMM Commodity Market, Upstream, Midstream and Mining Sector. 2017-2020.
Jin Ouk Choi, Ph.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Jennifer S. Shane, Ph.D., Iowa State University, and Young Hoon Kwak, Ph.D., The George Washington University
- IBM Center for the Business of Government
- Best Peer Reviewed Paper Award, Journal of Management in Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, 2019.
- Outstanding Leadership Award, Korean American Construction, Engineering, and Project Management Association, 2016
- Best Paper in the track organized by IJPM in International Network of Business and Management (INBAM) Journals Conference, 2014
- Outstanding Research Contribution Award, International Project Management Association (IPMA) , 2008
- Project Management Institute
Global Perspectives on Project, Program, and Portfolio Management in Government, 2011-2013.
Impact on Project Management of Allied Disciplines, 2005-2007.
Value of Project Management, 2004-2008.
Financial and Organizational Impacts of Project Management, 1995-1997.
- The George Washington University
Research Enhancement Incentive Award (2019)
Research Enhancement Incentive Award (2018)
- School of Business, The George Washington University
Avram Tucker Award (2019-2020)
Junior Faculty Research Grant, Summer (2000 & 2001)
- United States Navy
- PMI’s Northern California Chapter
Steve V. White Fellowship Recipient, Fall 1996.
- College of Professional Studies Dean’s Council, University Committee (2010)
- Distance Learning Task Force, University Committee (2009-2010)
- Member, Doctoral Committee, School of Business (2011-2013)
- Member, Research Committee, School of Business (2008-2013, 2016-Current)
- Chair, Appointment, Promotions, and Tenure Committee, Department of Decision Sciences (2015-Current)
- Chair, Project Management Academic Committee, Department of Decision Sciences (2006-2007)
- Chair, Faculty Search Committee, Department of Decision Sciences (2006-2007)
- Member, Appointment, Promotions, and Tenure Committee, Department of Decision Sciences (2006-Current)
- Member, Project Management Academic Committee, Department of Decision Sciences (2006-Current)
- Member, Project Management Faculty Search Committee, Department of Decision Sciences (2006-Current)
- Lead Professor, Project Management Ph.D. program (2003-current)
- Management Science Department Representative, GWU-ESI Program Liaison (2001-2005)
- Faculty Advisor, GWU-Project Management Institute (PMI) Student Chapter (2001-2002)
- Faculty Senate Committee Member, Libraries (2003-2005)
Last Updated: February 2, 2020. YHK.