Special Collection Call For Papers:
Organizational Behavior and Governance of Megaprojects
Management of megaprojects represents a major challenge common to all project stakeholders involved. The challenge stems from the application of new cutting-edge technologies and managerial innovations as well as project size, complexity, and risk. New organizational structure and operating models are frequently observed in megaprojects to ensure project success including inter-cultural and inter-organizational virtual teams, multiple organizational networks, and integrated project teams for integrated project delivery. All these innovations and other development have acted as a driving force for megaproject research for the past decade. Although early studies significantly advanced the understanding of megaproject management, organizational dimension of megaprojects remains less investigated and therefore largely unknown, which is critical to policy, practice, and knowledge in the engineering management domain. Some of the key issues with respect to megaprojects organization still lack sound and consistent theoretical foundation. The organizational boundary and feature, organizational factors and dynamics behind megaproject failure have not been conclusively answered yet.
To compile existing knowledge and advance new development of megaproject management, the Journal of Management in Engineering invites prospective authors to submit their original manuscript to a special issue on megaproject organization. Potential topics include but not limited to;
- Complexity of megaproject organization
- Culture, institutional, ethical and political issues in megaproject management
- Megaproject organization cases studies and lessons learned
- Virtual Teams in megaproject organization
- Megaproject organization relationships, networks and dynamics
- Organization behavior in Megaprojects, including individual, group and organizational level, i.e. organizational learning and innovation, organizational citizenship behavior
- Megaprojects organization design
- Leadership of megaproject manager and top management team
- Governance and its evaluation during different megaproject phases
- Integrated organization for lifecycle of megaprojects
- Global megaproject organization
- New research methods (i.e. Agent-Based Simulation, Machine Learning) and new viewpoints (i.e. systemic perspectives and reference to Biological System) in megaproject organization.
- Stakeholder management in megaprojects, including mass media, public and private relationship
- Megaproject organization effectiveness
- New technology and delivery methods influence on megaproject organization，e. BIM, CPS (Cyber Physical System), factory prefabrication, IPD and lean construction
Key Dates and Submission Guide:
- Full paper submission deadline: September 30, 2017
- On-line special collection expected posting date: July 31, 2018
- Potential contributors are encouraged to send an email to guest editors to indicate their interest prior to the submission. All papers will go through the regular review process and only the ones that pass the reviews will be accepted for publication.
- A link to the submission site is http://www.editorialmanager.com/jrnmeeng/default.aspx. Potential contributors should prepare the manuscripts in accordance with the ASCE Author Guidelines, http://ascelibrary.org/doi/book/10.1061/9780784479018.
Yongkui Li, Professor, Department of Construction Management and Real Estate, Tongji University, China, Email: email@example.com
Yujie Lu, Assistant Professor, Department of Building, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qingbin Cui, Associate Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland, USA, Email: email@example.com