Professor Hammond’s Goodbye

I hope this message finds you all well and safe. I wanted to send a quick note to the UHP community to share a personal update. This semester is actually my last semester with the UHP, as I have accepted a new position back in my home state of California. I will be the new Assistant Teaching Professor in Biology at UC San Diego. While I am excited for this new chapter, I am very sad to be leaving the UHP. Being part of the UHP community over the last several years, engaging with the wonderful students, staff, and faculty has been such an enjoyable and invaluable experience.

To the students, it has really been an honor to work with you all over the years. Witnessing the ways in which you have engaged, challenged yourselves, and grown. Witnessing the ways in which you have challenged me, for the better. Witnessing you hone your passions. Witnessing you collaborate, organize, and push for what you know is right. I thank you for allowing me to walk with you on your learning and life journeys, if only briefly.

I hope the rest of your semester goes well, and I wish you all the best.

Prof. Hammond

2 thoughts on “Professor Hammond’s Goodbye

1. Samiha

I will miss you so much, you were such a great professor to have and I genuinely loved coming to class and getting to know you <3

2. Lauren Guzowski

I loved Climate Change Biology with you Professor Hammond. I wish you all the best at UC San Diego, they are lucky to have you 🙂