Community Life

Community is one of the cornerstones of the UHP vision. We do our best to be a family— a place where you can find comfort, advice, and companionship for the long, hard journey of college. We develop that community through events, the impartation of peer advisor wisdom, and much more! 

The Fax Lunch Bunch with Professor Trullinger

Do you miss casual front office/club room conversations from the physical townhouse? Well Professor Trullinger is helping us take them virtual! This semester, join him on Fridays for some casual philosophy (or non-philosophy) discussion in Zoom! The next Fax Lunch...

Food for Thought w/ Professor Restrepo!

If you missed our first Food for Thought, have no fear! Our second one is coming right up. Join us for free lunch, next Friday, March 6th at 12pm in the townhouse, and an exciting talk about negotiations in Cuba and differing interpretations of truth and justice. Read...

UHP Trivia Night 2020

Sadly due to the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) outbreak, we will be cancelling this semester’s trivia night. We’re sad too!! But that’s how it goes sometimes. Please be safe, take care of yourselves, and remember to take care of those you love! This...

The Hunt for Lost Nazi Uranium Colloquium

Check out the following colloquium event passed along by Professor Kung! Title: The Hunt for Lost Nazi Uranium Abstract: 1944 saw the height of the Manhattan Project efforts which was distributed between Los Alamos, Oak Ridge, and Hanford. Since the Manhattan Project...

Sunday Brunch with the UHP!

March 1 (next Sunday). 11am (until 1pm). Townhouse Club Room. Be there!! We will have: Free brunch food Board games Student staff Ronnie (always a delight) The warm, comforting lighting of the Club Room chandeliers on a cold March morning The UHP community! RSVP below...

Advice from the (Peer) Advisors: Self-Care in Quarantine

Check out the following self-care tips from Peer Advisor Sydni! UHPers, we’re living in some very unnerving times. Quarantining at home sure wasn’t how I planned on spending the next few weeks, and I’m pretty certain you might feel the same way, but as a peer advisor...

It’s Okay to Hit Mute: A Guide to Staying Mentally Healthy in This Strange Age

Check out the following wisdom from Peer Advisor Ryan! Currently, there are 112 words on my muted words list on Twitter. I know that number seems rather high, but allow me to explain. In these strange, strange times in which we’re living, there is no shortage of...

Advice from the (Peer) Advisors: “Silver linings — Smiling in the Face of a Pandemic”

Check out the following refreshing perspective from UHP Peer Advisor Nicky Cacchione! 72 hours ago, I was sitting in Buenos Aires, Argentina about 5,000 miles from our beautiful Foggy Bottom campus. I had just been on “vacation” (lol all of an abroad semester...

Advice from the (Peer) Advisors: Humanities Research and Wisdom from the Creative Writing Department

Check out the following post from Peer Advisor Chrissy House (CCAS ’20)! I’ve spent the last four years facing the infamous “exchange of glances” when I tell people I’m majoring in Creative Writing and English, the glance which means, “Ah, another unemployed...

Advice from the Peer Advisors: DC’s Best Bookstores

Check out the following DC bookstore tips from UHP Peer Advisor Chloe Wagner! UHPers love books, so here is my rundown of the best bookstores in DC (both New and Used) so you can find your next favorite pick.  Capitol Hill Books — Located in Eastern Market, Capitol...

A COVID-19 Message to Our Seniors

Added Note from Brianna: I was feeling really under the weather the day we filmed so I’m sorry for the miserable face. I love you all! Feeling better now! Added Note from Josh: Y’all know you’re super welcome to come to UHP events once you graduate,...

COVID-19 Tips and Updates

Hello, UHPers! We know this is a rough time for everyone due to the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) outbreak and the precautionary measures everyone is needing to take at this time. We have some updates for you about UHP operations, and then a note from the Director of...

The Digital Townhouse Project!

Hello, dear UHPers! We get that this is a really tough time for everyone right now, and that wherever you end up in the coming days, it may not be the most pleasant of times. So we want to provide you some virtual community! Thus: the DIGITAL TOWNHOUSE PROJECT! We...

GW is committed to digital accessibility. If you experience a barrier that affects your ability to access content on this page, let us know via the Accessibility Feedback Form.