[SPA] Penina Smith SPHHS '14 – Athletic Training

Penina gives the UHP two thumbs up.
Penina gives the UHP two thumbs up.

Hello Honors freshmen! My name is Penina Smith and I am a senior majoring in Athletic Training in the School of Public Health. I am a proud West Coast girl who is slowly learning that rain is not only a winter phenomenon. One of the reasons why I chose GW is to experience seasons. When I’m not hanging around government buildings or learning new therapeutic exercises, you can find me at the gym or watching a professional sporting event. Every Friday night I make dinner with friends in an attempt to master baking. The way to my heart is through my stomach so food is a big part of my life. (My skills have improved tremendously!) You may also hear me belt out an awesome 80s song as I am convinced that I was born in the wrong decade. I applied to the Honors Program on a whim and soon realized how amazing the program is. What I love most are the unique courses and the professors who truly make an effort to get to know their students.
Penina’s SPAcialties: Coordinating Exercise Science classes with UHP classes; 4 year plans (I love organization and planning out people’s lives); any type of UHP advice (which UHP professors rock and which classes are musts!); balancing classes with extracurricular activities and employment/internships; adjusting to independent living and roommates; handling Thurston
If you’d like to get in touch with Penina, email uhpspa@gwu.edu!