[SPA 2013-2014] Jess Burnell CCAS '14 – Economics

Jess Burnell CCAS '14 studying abroad in Paris!
Jess Burnell CCAS ’14 studying abroad in Paris!

Hi everyone! My name is Jessica and I am a senior in the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences majoring in econ and minoring in history. I’m originally from a tiny town near Cleveland, Ohio. I was a member of GW Mock Trial my first two years here, and have been a SPA since the program’s inception at the beginning of my sophomore year. This year I’m also serving as SPA’s Communications Chair! The Honors Program is absolutely one of my favorite things about GW. Because of the UHP I’ve been able to take amazing classes, get awesome letters of recommendation, had the ability to get involved in undergraduate research, and have met people who are now some of my closest friends. I love the Chicago Bears. It’s pop, not soda. My family has way more cats back home in Ohio than would be considered reasonable. My weaknesses include cupcakes and Benedict Cumberbatch. My spirit animal is Josh Lyman.
Jess’s SPAcialties: Economics majors; studying abroad; general jobs/internships (especially with the federal government); undergraduate research
If you want to get in touch with Jess, email uhpspa@gwu.edu!