GUSTA GODS

By jahdaimoriah

Fun Fact: Good Pizza is rare to find in florence.

You automatically expect that every pizza you consume in Italy will be the most divine pizza you have ever consumed  because, well it is Italy for god sakes. Unfortunately thats not true. Florence is located in the Toscana or Tuscany region of Italy  A place known for its simple food and where meat is the pride of the region. The south of Italy specifically Naples (where pizza originated) is where you want to go to get the best Pizza. Luckily I have had the chance to go to Naples when I came to Italy the first time, so I know what magical pizza tastes like. 

This weekend I was really craving Pizza but I have been really disappointed in the Pizza I have been having in Florence. My classmates all agree that the pizza in Florence is not the best but they all are unanimous that Gusta Pizza has the best Pizza in all of Florence. The problem with Gusta Pizza is that it is a tad bit out of the way from where most of us live. For me Gusta Pizza is about a 35 minute walk from my house, however I was determined to take the trip this weekend to see what all the hype was about.

I went along with four other friends and we all have been converted to sworn believers of the Gusta magic. People argue about what makes a good pizza. Some say it all has to do with the crust, some say the sauce, others say the amount of cheese. I am sauce girl. I believe the sauce is the saving grace of a pizza. It has to have the perfect combination of salty and savory but has to have a hint of sweet. Gusta has it all! Perfect dough, savory sauce with just the right amount of cheese.

If you ever make it to Florence make sure you make the trip across the arno river to Gusta Pizza. It is open everyday except for mondays. Make sure you arrive before 7pm when it opens because there is guaranteed to be a line out the door. When you experience the Gusta make sure you track me down and let me know. I love having conversations with the newly believed.