Bringing GW with Me

By kbartz34

Before I left for abroad, dozens of friends and family members passed on advice. Perhaps the wisest words were these: "Make sure that you remain present always. Of course you will miss home, but try to focus instead on all of the new adventures you are having." While I am definitely remaining "present", I have figured out a few ways to incorporate my GW experience with my experience abroad. Witnessing worlds collide...Raise High!

Climbing a Mountain
I climbed a mountain, La Campana, with members of my study abroad program. During the trek I made sure to plug my good friend who is running for SA President back home!

Random Roommate Relocated
Who would have thought that when my freshman year roommate and I were randomly assigned to live together that we would be running into each other on the beaches of Vina del Mar 2.5 years later?
New Teammates
I am blessed to be able to say that I have made some new friends who have quickly turned into some of my favorite teammates! Plugging into the local Nike running club was certainly a challenge, but having a team to practice with is such a neat reward! Leaving my cross country team behind made my departure from the States even harder, but the opportunity to meet these girls makes every week here sweeter!
New Teammates
This past week we filmed a "Harlem Shake" video and they encouraged me to represent my university...Raise High!!
A New Kind of Buff & Blue
Living a few blocks from the beach has its advantages...and a regular reminder of GW's school colors is only one of many