The Extra-Curricular: Balance

This blog post was written by Annie Kadets, a senior in CCAS studying organizational sciences and psychology.

pastedgraphic-1
Our Balance Dancers Reinventing A Photo the Founders of Balance Took at the Beginning

Hello! Let me tell you why I love being a member of Balance: The GW Ballet Group. We are an all inclusive, diverse and AWESOME organization on campus that welcomes dancers of all levels to dance with us–we don’t cut anyone from our shows!
pastedgraphic-4
Jill Miles As Clara in Nutcracker 2015

pastedgraphic-2
Group of Tap Dancers from Spring Show 2016

Our winter show is always the classic Nutcracker and in the spring we showcase all different styles of dance. Everything that we perform is choreographed by our talented students in Balance. How cool is that?!
What is amazing about Balance is you get to interact with students of all ages and backgrounds. I’ve met two of my closest friends in Balance and we get along so well partly because of our shared an interest and passion for dance!
pastedgraphic-3
Annie Kadets Performing in Spring Show 2016

I dance because when I do I don’t think about anything else. Amongst the stressful week of school, an hour or two with my friends in Balance always lightens my mood. Balance isn’t a competitive environment; we always want to enjoy ourselves while we dance but also learn while we do that. I have danced all my life and I knew I wanted to continue in college but I knew I didn’t want it to be as serious as when I was in high school. Balance is the perfect balance (J) of the two. We get to put on an impressive show of fantastic dancing and enjoy ourselves while doing that. I highly recommend trying it out, especially our Spring show because that showcases all different styles of dance including ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop and more!