Food for Thought with Prof. Ralkowski

From Professor Ralkowski himself:
Louis CK“I recently edited a book called Louis C.K. and Philosophy: You Don’t Get to Be Bored. In this Food for Thought talk, I will tell you a little bit about the book—where the idea for it came from, how I found the authors and put it together, what I wrote for it, the work that a couple of honors students did on it—and then we can discuss some of the philosophical ideas in Louis C.K.’s comedy. He asks all of the most important questions:
Have you ever wondered whether misery is wasted on the miserable? Is it true that the only thing happier than a three-legged dog is a four-legged dog? Why is it that everything is amazing and nobody is happy? Has your cell phone made you forget how to be a person? Who didn’t let the gorilla into the ballet?
Louis CKI hope you can make it to the talk! We’ll spend the hour eating a free lunch and talking about these questions and lots of others like them. I also promise to show some good clips, including one of a three-legged dog.”
You don’t want to miss an hour of philosophy, comedy, animals, and free lunch in the UHP Townhouse Club Room on September 25 from 12:00-2:00pm. RSVP and save your spot here.

1 thought on “Food for Thought with Prof. Ralkowski

1. Andrew falacci

I’ll be there