Freshmen and Sophomores! Apply to US-UK SUMMER Fulbright Opportunity

Freshmen and sophomores! Consider applying for the prestigious US-UK Fulbright Summer Institutes.  Participants in these programmes will get the opportunity to experience an exciting academic programme at a highly regarded UK University, explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK and develop their academic ability by improving presentation, research and communication skills.
The Fulbright Commission currently offers nine summer programs of varying lengths, studying a wide array of subjects, and at different points throughout the summer.  (Check out the whole list here: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/fulbright-awards/exchanges-to-the-uk/undergraduates).  Even better – Fulbright pays for your expenses of traveling there to study.
Applications are due: February 27 or March 6, 2014 depending on the Institute you choose to apply to.
Speaking as an alum of both the UHP and Fulbright Summer Institutes, I can honestly say that the experience of  was incredible.  I met students from across the United States, learned a ton about the subject of my institute (which was Defining Citizenship, no longer offered), and gained a diversity of experience that has informed my decisions going forward. If an institute fits into your academic interests and summer schedule, I would highly encourage you consider applying.  If you have any questions, I’m still in the neighborhood and would be happy to discuss the program.