Teaching Assistant Job (PWP) for Science Policy Course

Professor Catherine Woytowicz is looking to hire a peer writing proctor to assist with her course next semester.  Read her message below.

Hello,
I am looking to hire a peer writing proctor (a type of undergraduate TA) to assist me with Science, Technology, and Policy course (IAFF 2190W) this spring. (This class won last year’s WID course design award.) Generally, I try to hire someone who has taken the course but it is not possible this year.
This position is compensated through the Writing in the Discipline program at $1000 for the semester. The student does not need to be a science major; instead, I am looking for someone who enjoys science, writes well, and is available this spring. This is a great opportunity for a student who is interested in science, science policy, writing, or teaching.
The student would work closely with me and act on my behalf with certain subject matter experts (scientists, politicians, journalists, authors, NGOs, companies, etc.)
Duties include:
* attending class Thursday nights (7 – 945pm)
* hosting office hours to help students fulfill assignments (2 hrs)
* emailing subject matter experts (in preparation for student interviews) (about 1 hr)
* point students toward resources/research leads (ad hoc)
If you are interested in this position, please respond with:
*a cover letter saying why you are interested in the position
*your resume
*a paragraph-to-page-long writing sample explaining the importance of a science policy topic in the news (it doesn’t have to be fancy, just make the case why the subject is important)
Send this to me by 5pm on Thursday, 28 November at drcat@gwu.edu
If you have questions, drop me a line. I can also point you toward my previous PWPs.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Woytowicz
best,
Catherine Woytowicz