Community Abroad

By bbarfiel

Duomo di Milano

I decided to post about 5 places/people that make up my community abroad. The first and arguably most influential destination in Milan is Duomo di Milano. This beautiful cathedral took nearly six centuries to complete. It is the fifth largest cathedral in the world, and the largest in Italy. This religious masterpiece is a testament to the mastery of Italian architecture and engineering. I only wish my iPhone’s camera could capture all of the masterfully carved details of this grand cathedral.  The try beauty of Duomo can be seen around midnight, when the square is free of street vendors and tourist. 

Missori M3 tram stop

This next picture was captured at the Missori M3 tram stop. This is the intersection for the 16, 12, 15, and 27 lines that can take you all over Milan. Having been used to an underground metro system, this is an exciting experience, whenever there isn’t traffic. Once in a while they have antique trams running in which you can have dinner with a loved one.

Via Federino BocconiThis is the view from my 7th floor balcony of Via Federino Bocconi. Across the street you can get a bird’s eye view of my school, Bocconi University. This view truly captures the traditional European apartment living. It kind of reminds me of my view from my apartment in Washington, DC. Nevertheless, it is important to me because these are my neighbors and the places that I pass by daily.

Bocconi University

Here is the best view of Bocconi University. This place is obviously a centerpiece in my community because it is my academic home until the end of December. So far, I have been really impressed with the courses and the programs that the university has scheduled this semester. I am exceptionally impressed with the efforts of the university to accommodate international students transitioning to a different country.

Friends abroad

My last picture is a shout-out to the group of guys that I spend the most time with abroad. We are all like-minded guys who are navigating this international experience together. I am looking forward to all of the adventurous trips and challenges that we face while in Italy. With that being said, shout out to Ndegwa, Loren, David, and Mayo!