My Community

By sonyakalmin

com·mu·ni·ty
noun
  1. a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.
  2. a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
    "the sense of community that organized religion can provide"

Sonya 1 That is the three of us! Sabrina, Ariel and I: the three stooges from GW.

We all arrived here together and have become great friends during the last month.

My community here first and foremost includes these lovely ladies; I would be a complete mess without them.

George Square

This is George Square aka Our Campus here at the University of Edinburgh.

This picture doesn't do the vast property any justice, but you can take my word for it that it's absolutely stunning.

My sense of community here arises from my classes, my professors and my fellow student body.

I spend most of my days here, so I figured it's only fair to feature it in this post.

Scottish FriendsOur Scottish friends! There's Peter and Duncan.

We don't really remember how we all met, but I guess that's besides the point.

Thank god for them we actually feel like insiders here, whether it be knowing where to go for a good time or just hanging around doing nothing, they make our time here filled with fun and disorder.

With them, our community has expanded to include quite a few more familiar faces.

Edinburgh

That's my gorgeous city at 8am. I have the misfortune of living 40 minutes from campus, so I force myself to wake up extra early for the heroic hike over.

This is only one of the pictures I managed to snap on my morning journey. Isn't she beautiful? 
Scottish Group

I guess I thought I'd finish off this post with a picture of my Scottish crew.

They are what I think of when I hear the word community.

Please excuse our 'too happy to be alive' facades, we were clearly enjoying ourselves a bit too much.

As you can tell, its been a good time here in Ol' Scotia!