Staff Spotlight: Anthony Desantis

Our monthly Employee Spotlight series features a faculty or staff member at the Elliott School of International Affairs. This month, we’d like to introduce you to Anthony DeSantis, the senior communications associate within the Public Affairs office.

Anthony DeSantis

Anthony DeSantis

Senior Communications Associate, Public Affairs

Where part of town do you live in and what do you love about it?
I’ve lived in downtown Silver Spring for three years now. I love Silver Spring because it has an urban feel with many great bars and restaurants, but it’s just suburban enough that I get a little peace and quiet at the end of my day.

What did you do before coming to the ElliottSchool?

Before coming to the Elliott School, I was the Supervisor of Communications and Outreach for the City of Hyattsville, Maryland. Yes, it was very much like the show Parks and Recreation. 

Which character from Parks and Rec is closest to your work personality?

Ha! I think we all want to be Leslie Knope, but I get Jerry a lot (for better or worse).

Do you have a summer goal? Attend a music festival? Go to the beach? 

I’m moving into a new apartment in Silver Spring at the end of May. So, I guess my main summer goal is to learn a thing or two about interior design!

If you could change one thing about D.C. what would it be?

JFK once described DC as a city of northern charm and southern efficiency. I’d make the opposite true, but then it wouldn’t be DC, would it?!
Published inStaff

GW is committed to digital accessibility. If you experience a barrier that affects your ability to access content on this page, let us know via the Accessibility Feedback Form.