Staff Spotlight: Nana Boateng

Our monthly Employee Spotlight series features a faculty or staff member at the Elliott School of International Affairs. This month, we’d like to introduce you to Nana Boateng, the program assistant for the Institute for African Studies.

Nana Boateng

Nana Boateng

Program Assistant for the Institute for African Studies

Favorite thing about DC?
Diversity. I love the melting pot of cultures here in DC. I also really like the fact that there is always some activity to do in the city. 

Are you a Game of Thrones fan?Unfortunately, no. I feel like I’m the 1 percent of the population that does not watch GOT. However, after seeing all the excitement about it, I do plan to binge-watch it in the summer.

Where am I most likely to find you when you are not working?

Sadly, my second home has become Gelman library’s fifth floor, so throughout the week if I’m not at work, you can most likely find me there. However, on the weekends, you can most likely find me at a museum, coffee shop or exploring a new brunch spot.

Dream country to visit?

There are so many countries that I want to visit. It’s so hard to pick one, so I’ll give my top three in no particular order: Bali, Indonesia, Kenya and Brazil. 

Are you a student? If so, what are you studying?
I am a junior at the Elliott School of International Affairs studying International Affairs with a concentration in International Development and a minor in Spanish.
Published inStaff

GW is committed to digital accessibility. If you experience a barrier that affects your ability to access content on this page, let us know via the Accessibility Feedback Form.