CCAS Student Spotlight- Shiori Oki, on why she chose GW

“I chose GW because I knew it would provide me with the resources and education that I so wanted from a graduate program. From easy access to the Smithsonian Institutes, Federal Administrations, and the University Consortium, GW’s networks are seemingly endless and offer students the ability to diversify their personal and professional interests. I am thrilled to be a part of a community that is so engaged with the various climates of today, and encourages its students and staff to be advocates and critical thinkers. My course work has continued to challenge me to think beyond the barriers of my own experiences and apply my love for museums to a passion for creating stronger policy, ethically guided international trade practices, and intentional community activism. The advisement I have received not just from my advisor, but also from other faculty and staff, has been the foundation of my support system here in DC. Graduate students should take advantage of their city and GW as diverse hubs of professional networks and community programs.”
Shiori Oki is a second-year Master’s student enrolled in Museum Studies.
Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment