In 2016, Foundations made almost $60 billion in philanthropic contributions nationally, and Corporations gave almost $19 billion. These organizations may present a great opportunity to diversify your research or programmatic funding… and SMHS Institutional Giving is here to help!
We offer a full spectrum of services to help faculty identify, cultivate, and solicit foundation and corporate funding. This includes:
- Conducting research to identify appropriate funding prospects for faculty projects
- Assisting faculty with outreach to new prospects or in leveraging existing university connections to prospects to cultivate a proposal
- Managing the proposal development process, including proposal editing, assistance in framing content and language to resonate with funder, liaising with departmental research administrators and the Office of Sponsored Projects, and procuring required University signatures and documents
- Providing opportunities for internal peer review by connecting PIs to faculty previously funded by the prospect, when possible
- Organize and administer limited submission competitions in collaboration with University and SMHS research offices
Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org today! We are available to attend department meetings and other faculty gatherings to share the concrete ways in which we find funding, craft outreach, create strategy, and support proposal drafting and submission. Please reach out! We look forward to working with you.
Who we are (click a name for more information):