Advising & Rugby

There’s a new Terri in town. Her email address may say “Theresa,” but Terri Bevilacqua prefers two Rs and an I, please. Bevilacqua joined HS in September as manager of enrollment and advising services for the Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences (BLS). She was drawn to the position because she enjoys helping students achieve their personal and academic goals, and she was ready to increase her impact as an advising manager. “I’m enjoying the newness to the parts of this role that I haven’t been exposed to previously,” she said. “I like working with students and others to problem solve and trouble shoot. I enjoy the collaborative nature.” Bevilacqua joined GW from George Mason University, where she was an academic advising effectiveness specialist. She previously spent 12 years at the University of Maryland’s main campus, working in student advising, retention, programming, and assessment. Away from work, Bevilacqua is a proud rugby mom. And rugby wife. She loves to cheer for her rugby-playing sons, Cole, 13, Dylan, 11, and her husband Mark, who plays and coaches. “If I’m not watching the boys play rugby, I’m watching my husband play rugby,” she said. Bevilacqua has never played the game herself, though she says she’d like to try. For now, she’s content to be on the sideline with the family’s four-year-old golden lab, Tucker. Bevilacqua earned a master’s of science in educational psychology and methodology from the State University of New York.