Anthony Scheercousse Intro!

By gwblogabroad

My name is Anthony Scheercousse and I chose to do my third year exchange in Washington D.C at GWU, and on this page you will be able to follow my experiences throughout the semester!
img_20180804_150904_838
Before beginning this series of blog posts, I would like to introduce myself so you know me and better understand the many reactions I will have as I live in America.
I was born in France, moved to Myanmar when I was three months old, and lived there till I graduated from an American high school in Yangon. I then flew back to France, lived there for 3 semesters where I studied at ESSEC Business School (my home institution) in Cergy (a town about 15 miles away from Paris). For my 4th semester I did a campus exchange and studied at ESSEC’s campus in Singapore. I then returned to France, completed a semester there, and now I will be attending GWU for an exchange during the spring 2019 semester.
After these 20 years, I now consider myself as a mixture of French and Burmese, and therefore the following blog posts will come from a French/Burmese point of view.
I expect a lot of great things in Washington. A large majority of my teachers from elementary to high school were American and during those years, I was introduced to the American culture which I appreciated a lot. But, I never once set foot in America and therefore I am super excited.
I expect to meet many great people with many different international backgrounds, and I expect to learn a lot about the American way of life throughout this semester.
Now stay tuned, and I will regularly post about my experiences here, and keep you updated about how America is different from everything else I have known till now.
Best Regards,
Anthony Scheercousse