Traveling, Making Connections, Creating Memories, Living in the Present

By train1110

First of all, I cannot express enough how delighted I was when I was notified that I have been selected as a blogger for GWU. Yet at the same time, having to write blog posts every week for a whole semester? For a clumsy, forgetful person like me, it would have been a lie if I said I didn't feel any pressure or nervousness at all. Still, on top of all these mixture of feelings, I can clearly say that I am very excited and highly motivated to do this, for writing has always been one of my most beloved hobbies and traveling around new places gives me the best pleasure! 🙂

-Profile-
Dayeon (Agnes) Chang (1994.11.10)
Seoul, Republic of Korea
Language Capability
: Korean, English, Chinese, Spanish
Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004794216440

2013. Yonsei University (my home institution) / Major: Political Science and International Studies
           Internship at Yonsei Institute for North Korean Studies
 2014. 8. Learned Spanish in Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City (by taking one-semester break off from my school)
  2015. 1 Exchange student in George Washington University, Washington D.C.

Welcome to the blog of travel lover 🙂

“The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better.": A quote from my favorite author Paulo Coelho, from my favorite book ‘The Alchemist’.

Throughout my life I’ve always lived in the future; wanting things, setting goals, imagining myself crowned with the laurel of victory. Present has been moments of patience. It was Coelho who taught me how to love my present: the gift of time.

So now I’m loving and enjoying my world more. I enjoy wondering around, which makes me a travel-holic. I have already been to quite a lot of countries, Asia, Europe, North and South America, still always curious about places yet to be visited. For this reason, I’m interested in learning new languages and making acquaintances with new people. I love books and movies, regardless of any genre, and writing short essays. My greatest hobby is playing piano, which I have played for nearly 13 years. I like listening to music, especially of classic and jazz, for they provide me with ample piano music scores. Warm hazelnut latte with fudgy, deep chocolaty brownie always cheers me up, even from the mood when I feel like committing suicide. I adore rainy or snowy days, handwritten letters, red roses and raccoons. There’s frankly nothing that I hate much.

Wisdom, wit, deep understanding and knowledge about my major, wide common sense, deep friendship and love, broadmindedness, happiness and smiley face are what I strive to achieve. Sometimes I am a little clumsy, careless, and full of mistakes. Well, dreams and reality can be different. Every moment is cherishable, and I will try to make the most of it!

-2015 Spring in GWU, Expectations and Hopes-
When I realized I had been admitted as an exchange student to GWU, I nearly jumped with joy. The capital of United States, hub of international politics and diplomacy, a city full of liveliness and culture, Washington D.C. was the city I was aspiring to visit. As an icing on the cake, a semester in GWU, a prestigious school especially famous for my major, international relations, I just couldn’t wait to study there. However, getting to know and befriend marvelous students at GWU, creating unforgettable memories together kept my spirits up for the most part. Let’s make our hopes into reality, together in GWU!