First week of Classes…

By hannahbethdray

The first week back at school is always difficult to get back into; you’re trying to get to all your classes as well as seeing all your friends you've missed for the past month. So my first week has been all about catching up with people, lots of food and going out. And the first event of the week was the GW Basketball game! Our school team have been playing brilliantly this past semester, so it was no surprise that this game was sold out. Luckily though, I managed to get a seat and had a perfect view of the game.picture 1It was my friend Christina’s first game of the season as well, and she showed her school spirit perfectly with her GW sweater.

picture 2The final score was 76-66 to GW, with the team making our school proud. Hopefully next week I will be able to travel up to George Mason University to see their next game.

The weather as you may have noticed has also turned bitterly cold – I had three layers on the other day, just to run to 7/11! However this meant it was the perfect weather on Saturday evening for a trip to Georgetown and to the ice rink that has been built in the fountain. Now I absolutely love ice skating, however I was surprised to find out that half my friends had never skated before, so were in need of a bit of coaching.picture 3We all fell down at least once (but that’s half the fun of it!) and had a great time, finishing the evening off with a burger. picture 4 The rest of my week has been filled with food, making fajitas for my friends picture 5 and also going out for brunch on Sunday afternoon with the girls – a perfect first week back to school!