MATLAB for Health Data Science

Image of code to create a histogram in MATLAB
Creating plots in MATLAB

I have created a full course introducing MATLAB for Health Data Science for all our students here at GWU. While we commonly use Python, R, SAS, and similar languages for data analysis in Public Health, it is not uncommon to find MATLAB in industry. This is especially true for manufacturing and engineering. Fields that are very important in healthcare.

The MATLAB language with its coding environment is an excellent tools for Data Science. In the course I introduce you to MATLAB. I show you how to code in MATLAB and also how to use a low-code approach. The MATLAB coding environment allows for data analyses and data visualization by selecting buttons and drop-down menus to generate code for you. This is ideal when you are just starting out and know nothing about coding. It can also save a lot of time.

The course consists of six lectures. The complete course is available HERE on my second YouTube channel. I have also created a full set of documents in PDF format that you can find HERE on GitHub.

You never know where your career takes you. Learning to use more than one programming language might be the key to your future success.