University Student Contestant Group
- Current undergraduate and graduate students from participating universities in the Washington, D.C. region
- Native language is not Chinese
- Taken at least 280 hours of college level Chinese classes or equivalent (as determined by the student’s university and subject to review by the contest committee)
- Proficiency Level: Intermediate and Advanced
Ineligible University Students
- Students whose native language is Chinese including a Chinese dialect such as Cantonese.
- Students who grew up in a Chinese speaking environment.
- Students who have studied or lived in a region where Chinese is the official language for two or more years.
- Students who have advanced to and participated in the final round in a previous Jiangsu Cup competition.