“Augmented and Virtual Reality” Course Testimonials since Fall 2019

"Thank you for a very fascinating and fun class! This was one of my favorite classes I’ve taken at GWU :)"

"The learning process and content are really good. Thanks!"

"It was a useful project to learn more about AR and put our creativity to work and build our own application. I have learnt a lot during this project and I am also happy with the result."

"Thanks for the course design, I individually designed my first VR project and AR project. I also learn the status of the VR&AR and their technology bottleneck. I wish I can do some related jobs in the future to bring some more advances VR AR design."

"Thanks again for a great semester- I really enjoyed your course and plan to apply what I learned about AR development, in particular, to my new job."

"I think that either Unity, UE4, and/or JavaScript should be a prerequisite to this course."

"This has definitely been one of my favorite courses in the entire masters program."

"I had such a great time as a student in your class last semester. Classes like augmented and virtual reality are what really drive my interest in computer science."

"The theme of this course is in line with the current concept of the metaverse. At the same time, the projects assigned by the teacher also let you learn the contents of VR and AR."

"Having students develop their own projects lets them have a proof of concept for something that they could potentially pitch to a company in the future giving them a leg up from potential competition in the field."

"The layout of the course was structured well to help us learn the basics easily. It's been my favorite class so far :)"

"The tutorials provided a perfect learning opportunity in the labs and were exceptionally helpful ... for developing the VR application. The timeline ... to complete the project felt like it was a little bit short but still achievable."

Course Description: CSCI 3907/6907 Augmented and Virtual Reality