Check out the following job opportunity passed along by UHP alum Eamonn Bellin!
The Alexander Hamilton Society (AHS) is seeking to hire a full-time Program Assistant to support career services for its students and alumni network.
AHS is a non-partisan, not-for-profit, national organization that seeks to identify, educate, and launch young men and women into foreign policy and national security careers imbued with the Hamiltonian perspective of strong and principled American leadership in global affairs. We have established student-run chapters at over 80 universities as well as professional chapters in NYC and Washington, D.C. Our alumni and affiliates have gone on to serve in the highest levels of government and industry. To learn more, please visit www.alexanderhamiltonsociety.org.
The Program Assistant will have an opportunity to influence the development of the organization, gain experience across a number of functions, and work with rising and established leaders in our network. Those committed to AHS’s mission, interested in our areas of focus, and who possess an entrepreneurial spirit will find working at AHS incredibly rewarding. An ideal candidate is a recent graduate, who is personable, professional, organized, and seeks a gateway into the Washington policy community. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Assist with AHS’s Office of Career Services
- Build relationships with recruiters at key organizations and offices;
- Develop and manage career resources;
- Correspond with students on career-related support;
- Facilitate mentorship and networking opportunities within the AHS network;
- Collect and track student information and application status.
- Assist in planning AHS’s National Programs
- Assist with alumni programming
- Track information on their career whereabouts;
- Produce and send a monthly alumni newsletter.
- 0-2 years professional experience (including internships);
- A commitment to AHS’s mission and principles and an interest in U.S. foreign policy and national security. Being an AHS alumnus is a plus;
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, and a proactive personality;
- Ability to manage a substantial number of projects and contacts at once;
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint;
To apply for this position, please upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of references here. We expect a number of qualified applicants and only those selected for an interview will be contacted further.