Welcome to Josh Mays, Our New Program Coordinator!

Photo of Josh Mays with a thumbs up

Greetings, UHPers! My name is Josh Mays and I’ll be the UHP’s new Program Coordinator! I’ll be handling the communications end of the program (the NewsFlash, the blog, social media, etc), as well as much of the nitty-gritty administrative work.

I’ll be sitting at the front desk most of the time, so please feel free to say hi! I’d love to get to know everyone in the program.

A little bit about me: I recently graduated from GWU (and the UHP) with a degree in International Affairs and a minor in Philosophy. I’m also a DC-area native! I grew up in Montgomery County, MD (just a short drive from the end of the Red Line), but now I live in the city itself. I’m super passionate about philosophy, politics, and religion– especially the intersection of all three. In my free time, I enjoy reading about the aforementioned topics and playing Dungeons and Dragons.

I’m really excited to be back with the program as a staff member. The UHP was the thing that drew me to GWU in the first place, and I have not regretted any of the time I’ve spent investing in the program. Honors classes were where I developed my greatest intellectual passions and found my most dedicated mentors, and the friends I made in the Honors community are some of my closest ones to this day. I love this program, and I can’t wait to give back to this community in whatever way that I can!