Announcement from Professor Frawley

Dear University Honors Program students,
I am writing to let you know that I will be stepping down from my position as Director of the University Honors Program at the end of this semester. I will have a single-semester sabbatical and then return to my position in the English Department in the Fall of 2019.
This was a difficult decision for me. As I explained to the Honors faculty and staff a few weeks ago, I want more time to spend with my research and writing. That, combined with the sense that the program will grow in beneficial ways with new leadership, made me think the time was right to step away. The Honors Program will be in great hands: Professor Ingrid Creppell, currently our Deputy Director, will move into an interim Director role for next semester, during which time the provost will likely determine who best can fill the position more permanently.
Engaging with you all—whether in class, in Honors events, or in informal conversation—has been the very best part of my experience as Director. I really mean that! I sincerely thank you all for helping to make my professional life so rewarding.
Maria Frawley