Most of us are aware of the critical information resources on COVID-19 provided by the CDC and WHO. Many trusted publishers and literature search services in the health sciences now have devoted sites with resources for health care and public health professionals. These resources and more are now available on Himmelfarb’s Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Research Guide.
Here’s a sampling of resources on the guide:
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Dashboard - This interactive mapping service draws data from WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC and DXY and local media reports and is constantly being updated. Track cumulative confirmed cases and active cases by country.
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) from DynaMed - Succinct epidemiological, diagnostic, management, and prognosis information continually updated. Includes international and US guidelines and patient information.
- JAMA Network Coronavirus Disease 2019 Resource Center - Clinical information, public health preparedness, patient information, outbreak map, and multi-media CME resources. A summary of CDC guidance is at the bottom of the page.
- NEJM Coronavirus (COVID-19) page - Articles, clinical reports, commentary and management guidelines published in NEJM assembled in one place. Includes a HealthMap of the outbreak.
- COVID 19 Tools and Resources for Clinicians from Ovid - 5 minute consult, AudioDigest, and expert searches of Medline and other databases. A link to Lippincott NursingCenter has curated information for nurses.
Along with these resources you can find trusted sources for news, clinical guidelines, drug trials, health department information, and protective measures for health care professionals on the Research Guide.