How often are residents observed?
A new study by GW researchers looks at this question in a recently published article. In Observing and Giving Feedback to Novice PGY-1s, Katherine Tully, Jennifer Keller, Jim Blatt, and Larrie Greenberg studied OB-GYN residents during the second month of residency to assess:
- What activities do residents report performing?
- How often are residents observed and who observes them?
- How often do residents receive feedback?
- How useful is feedback given to residents?
- Does shift time affect the frequency of observation and feedback?