24 hours in London

By Taylor Williams

This weekend, I was tasked with the impossible… ok, not so impossible as much as difficult. My sorority sister, Faith, came in from Barcelona and was only staying for one day, meaning I was tasked with trying to show her everything London had to offer in 24 hours. This is a very daunting task, as you might imagine, London has so much to offer and I’ve already seen so much and yet even I’ve barely scratched the surface in the 3 weeks I’ve been here. We set out on an action-packed day and I was able to show her all of my favorite spots. We started in Camden markets, undoubtedly one of the favorite places I’ve visited since I’ve gotten to London. Camden is such a bustling and vibrant City. We started early in the morning so of course, we went straight for the food stalls. There are so many incredible smalls and food choices that it's hard to pick just one. Ultimately, I went with the safest option and I got an amazing arepa from the same stall I went to a few weeks ago. After Camden Market, I decided to show her Harrods. This was my time truly taking in Harrods in all its glory and it's truly an indescribable place. It’s such a big and grand place that we actually got lost trying to leave. Afterward, we decided to go to Buckingham Palace. I’ve never been to Buckingham Palace and ultimately it was a little underwhelming. Maybe it was due to the cold and dismal weather, but unpopular opinion: I was a little disappointed with Buckingham Palace as a whole. Kensington Palace and it’s accompanying Gardens, however, is in my opinion, a lot more beautiful and that's where we headed off next. We ended the day in Leicester Square, home to Chinatown and one of London’s 7 Chipotles’, the only place Faith really wanted to go while she was in London. All in all, it was a fun and action filled day and it was nice having Faithy here and reminding me of home. Until next time xx