23 Egerton Terrace

By Taylor Williams

I've officially been in London for three weeks! It's insane how much I've seen in such a short amount of time and yet I've barely scratched the surface. In many ways, I’ve spent most of my time in London doing nothing particularly remarkable. I still haven’t seen Big Ben, or Kensington Gardens, I have seen any of the many castles and I haven’t stepped foot in a single museum, and yet I’ve loved every second of being here. Last week, I made the conscious decision to get lost because I’ve told that the best way to explore a city, to just walk in no particular direction. Somehow I made my way to The Kensington and Chelsea area, fans of the amazingly trashy show “Made in Chelsea” will recognize the neighborhood. As I walked around it was like I stepped into the London of my dreams. It sounds cheesy to say, but it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, It was like stepping into a picture book, perfectly serene and picturesque. Whitestone houses and manicured lawns, it was spectacular. Since that day I decided that getting lost is the only way I want to see London from now on. I spent the summer obsessively curating the perfect Pinterest board, and it seems almost seems comical now how I believed that I could plan every moment. Because if I had indeed stuck to such a rigid schedule I would’ve missed out on the little treasures and hidden gems London has to offer. xx