In the Land of Chocolate and Cheese

Greetings from Zurich, Switzerland! While Switzerland is known for its divine chocolate and creamy swiss cheese, I have found that atmosphere in Switzerland can more accurately described through its streetwear and work ethic. When you walk down the perfectly disheveled streets of Zurich, you cannot help but stare at the locals as they are dressed to the nines in magnificent fur coats and perfectly blown out hair. I mean even the men are properly dressed in straight-edged jackets and rather dapper loafers. I even witnessed an older woman dressed head to toe in Chanel waiting to board the bus! I mean is this city even real or is it just a figment of my wildest dreams? As a whole, I would describe the atmosphere on the street as chic and effortless and it is for that reason that I could easily see myself living there in my 40s. I have already began looking at property that I aimlessly hope will be available in my old age to purchase. Walking through the simultaneously busy, yet relaxed streets of Zurich with the sun shining off of the golden restaurant signs just made the perfect Saturday.

Even though I was only able to spend a single day in Zurich, I feel as if I truly experienced the local laid back, yet productive atmosphere that surrounds the city. On the other hand, I must admit that I did not have a single ounce of chocolate or swiss cheese while I was there. I know this may be an international crime and serious mistake, but I feel as if the world is so globalized that if I truly wanted to try it, I could buy it anywhere in the world and it would be the exact same. So alas, I do not believe I made a terrible mistake. I did throughly enjoy the single handed best tomato soup of my life at Cafe Presse Club in the city center. It was perfectly creamy, yet full of flavor and I even got to enjoy it while sitting outside Zurich’s Munster. Overall, a perfectly normal, yet extraordinary moment that I will cherish forever.

After having walked through every hidden alleyway and church, I was absolutely exhausted and sat by the river with a few friends from my program and just took in every ounce of Vitamin D I possibly could. Although Freiburg is a gorgeous city, the weather has been rather gloomy, so I took this moment to soak in the sun to last me through the week. People - and more importantly dog - watching near the river is the perfect Saturday activity as almost everyone is outside enjoying a cup of gelato and the sunshine. It was effortlessly lazy and beautiful and in my opinion the best way to enjoy the city. Plus, the scenery is free! This upcoming Tuesday I will be in Italy for about two weeks, so I will be back in a week with plenty of recommendations and stores! Until then -