Thinking of home

By agoudsward

I've now begun my final two weeks in London, and seeing as though I'm stuck in the stress and pressure of finals week, it seems appropriate to think about what I'm looking forward to doing when I get home.

I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into some classic New Jersey dishes like pork roll, egg and cheese on a fresh baked bagel and a warm slice of New York-style pizza. It'll also be nice to have some home cooked-meals and not have to worry about buying food or eating at the dining hall.

I'm looking forward to being able to watch the New York Giants play American football without having to stay up until 2 a.m. to watch the game.

I'm hoping to maybe see some snow over winter break.

I, of course, can't wait to spend Christmas and New Years with my family, sitting around the tree and opening presents on Christmas morning. I'm excited to see all my friends from back home who I haven't seen since the summer.

I'm also looking forward to going back to GW. It has been amazing getting to travel through Europe, but I'm reminded that DC is a pretty special place to go to college as well. I'll be happy to go back to work at the Hatchet and see all the great people that I've gotten to know there.

It will be hard to leave London though. While I wont' miss writing final papers all due within three days of each other, I will miss Britain. I'll miss being in a place with such a long and vibrant history and such a vibrant culture. I'll miss the ease of traveling through different countries and cultures in the space of a weekend. I'll miss the newness of everything here, the fact that each experience was something I had basically never done before.

It'll be hard to leave, but it's nice to think of home.