My GW Madrid Community

By mtejan

Church in Madrid

Catholicism is a huge part of the culture in Spain! This photo shows a major church is Madrid but also shows how much refugee crisis is all of Europe. The sign that states “Refugees Welcome” has gone viral and shows the church’s stance on the issue.

GW Madrid cohort

GW Madrid this semester is comprised of 7 girls. We take all of our classes together and go on GW excursions as a group! Here we are at El Escorial, a historical palace, monastery, and burial ground for Spanish royalty.

Host Family

This is my host mom and aunt! My host family has had the biggest influence on my experience here in Spain and I could not be more lucky to have them.

Parque del Retiro de Madrid

This photo was taken at Parque del Retiro de Madrid which I would compare to the Central Park of Madrid! I live with my host family just a short 10 min walk from this beautiful park where you can row, go for runs, and see street vendors.

Plaza de Colon

I walk the Plaza de Colón during my morning commute to Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. The plaza has a large plaza dedicated to Christopher Columbus and is very ear the National Library.