Sweet ole’ Swiss

By jlorthe

JD 1

These girls were the same group of girls that I roomed with during our first night in the Geneva Hostel and we’ve clicked ever since then!
JD2

The Swiss are known for the exquisite chocolate! I’m normally not the biggest fan of chocolate, but its extremely hard to resist the quality here! This picture was taken at the Cailler Chocolate Factory.
JD3

One really cool thing about being in Geneva is that the city is the headquarters for numerous international organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO). We had a chance to visit the Emergency Security Briefing Room where a number of important meetings take place. For an example, this was where many member states convened to discuss how they were going to respond to the Ebola outbreak.
JD4

Although Switzerland is a small country, its an incredibly beautiful one. Pictured here is Lake Leman and the Geneva’s infamous water jet.

JD5

My host family lives in a really quaint but picturesque town called Tolochenaz. I snapped this picture on one of my morning runs!

JD6
Depending on where you are in Switzerland, you can almost always see either the Jura Mountains or the Alps. They are remarkably beautiful in person but can also appear a bit mystical.