The Most Memorable Experience

By mluevano17

As difficult as it is to pick the most memorable experience from abroad, one of the ones that I am not likely to forget was my recent trip to Stonehenge. Stonehenge is located about an hour outside of London, near the town of Salisbury. Part of the reason that this was so memorable was because of the incredible landscape and weather that we experienced while visiting the site. It was the most perfect example of the English countryside and I felt so lucky to be able to live in a city with such beautiful sites so close by. I am personally very interested in historical sites and learning about the history of a certain place. I love how much archaeologists have found out about Stonehenge and the people who built it and and used it, but I also find it fascinating that so much remains a mystery and I love to imagine the type of people that would have lived at that time and helped to build it. The huge, ancient stones were set against a stunning background of fields covered in bright yellow flowers and green grass. The sky was a perfect blue, with only a few clouds. It was so nice and warm that my friend and I decided to walk to the site instead of taking the bus that usually transports tourists, and I am so glad that we did. We got to experience a nice, quiet break from the hustle and bustle of London and really take in the picturesque scenery at our own pace. Once we arrived at Stonehenge it was relatively quiet, even though the area was covered in tourists. Most people chose to listen quietly to audio tours or read about the history of the stones and thus it was a nice way to wind down and enjoy the afternoon. I have loved exploring more of England and the UK, but Stonehenge was definitely one of my favorite places to visit.