Visiting Iguazu Falls

By anuhyabobba

This weekend, I went to Iguazu Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and what is also considered one of the new seven wonders of the world. This was our last trip before the program is set to end in three weeks, which I am slowly preparing for. Iguazu Falls is by far one of the most breathtaking places I have been to. The falls are shared by Brazil and Argentina, with Argentina holding the majority of this natural wonder within its borders.

We took a 20 hour bus ride to arrive to Puerto Iguazu, which we thought would be much more excruciating than it ended up being. After we arrived, my friend and I left for the Brazilian side of the fall, since we only had a half days worth of time. Crossing into Brazil and arriving at the National Park was relatively easy. Brazil offers an amazing view of the Devil's Throat, what is considered the most magnificent of the waterfalls. We were able to take beautiful pictures, and at the end, we walked a foot bridge that was situated quite literally in midst of the Devil's Throat itself. Argentina's access to the Devil's Throat was cut off due to flodding a while back that led to its foot bridge being damaged.

On the second day, we explored the Argentine side of the falls. We hiked the upper and lower circuits that gave tremendous views of the falls. We also decided to go on a nautical adventure, or a boat tour of the waterfalls. It was not so much a tour as it was taking us super close to the waterfall itself, and by the end of it, everyone was soaking wet.

Soon after, it began to downpour on us so we rushed back to our hostel. Even in the rain, seeing Iguazu Falls was worth it, acting as a retreat from the busy Buenos Aires life for a few days. I stayed at an amazing hostel called Mango Chill, which provided us with lunch boxes before we set off on our hikes. All in all, the trip was absolutely beautiful.