Weekenders

By anishag22

As crazy as it sounds, I'm only one month out from my month-long Easter break! That means it's crunch time: I have two essays due the same day in just two weeks. One caveat to all of this is the fact that the next three weekends in a row I will be traveling: First Paris, then Snowdonia (in Wales), then Berlin!

At GW, I practically never take weekend trips, though this is largely due to the fact that the majority of my friends and family are back in California. But being in Europe means I can easily visit my other friends who are studying abroad here because plane fares are much cheaper and my friends are generous enough to let me stay with them.

A few posts ago, I discussed the benefits of day trips, so now here's my breakdown of why weekend trips are going to be the best: 

1. A weekend is the perfect amount of time to briefly explore a new city and get a taste of what it has to offer

2.Weekend trips don't interrupt my weekday school schedule (yes, my professors count attendance)

3.I'm able to travel much shorter distances than my usual D.C.>California trip and at the same time explore so many new countries

4.Last but not least, it will be so nice to finally reunite with my friends from GW and San Diego! No need to be homesick when you've got your best friends from home by your side

I'm leaving to catch my plane to Paris soon (thank goodness Bristol has its own airport!), but I will be sure to post soon about my Parisian adventures.

Until next time-

Xx, Anisha